PC showing black screen

Closed
shionskaii Posts 1 Registration date Monday September 29, 2014 Status Member Last seen September 29, 2014 - Sep 29, 2014 at 11:40 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Sep 30, 2014 at 04:31 AM
So I start my computer and it has done this before but it shows the screen that says gigabytes and then goes black. its a computer my uncle built for me and its a desktop pc not a laptop. its also been running the trial version of windows 7 if that helps at all. I can open bios and those other things but it just goes blank and I have no idea how to fix it. uncle won't tell me and I dont want to have to go to him every time it does this
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Sep 30, 2014 at 04:31 AM
Hi there,

You said that this is not the first time this happens, how did you manage to fix the issue the last time? Is the PC restarting after the Gigabyte screen or just freezes? Do you hear the "beep" sound when you turn on your PC?
You may be facing some software issue related with Windows. If you have any installation CD/DVD, try to boot from there. You should enter BIOS and make sure that the PC is set to boot from the right HDD. Check those things and let me know if you have any progress.

Hope this helps