Spotmau cloned HDD

Closed
frankeny Posts 1 Registration date Thursday October 2, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 2, 2014 - Oct 2, 2014 at 09:09 AM
 Blocked Profile - Oct 3, 2014 at 03:03 PM
I have cloned my 102GB C HDD to a 250GB USB connected external HDD that is supposed to be bootable but I cannot see it on My Computer screen. Why does it not show up? No good input from Spotmau!!! Is it a characteristic of windows 7 that bootable external drive does not show up?
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Oct 2, 2014 at 10:17 AM
So when you say bootable, did you change the BIOS to boot from USB instead of the hardrive?
All replies to my problem are directed as if I wanted to boot from clone. I do no yet until I can SEE what is on the clone drive! So I want external drive to show up in MY COMPUTER just like my non bootable external USB attached drive.
Blocked Profile
Oct 2, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Well have you contacted the software manufacutere for ther 24 hour tech support? Have you had the product fo rmore than 30 days, they say money back guarantee.

So, it worked at one time, then right, because you had to "see" the harddrive in order to clone to it, right?

After you launch the software, does the software see the disk?
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 3, 2014 at 08:08 AM
Hi there,

Try to uninstall the drivers from Device Manager, restart the PC and plug in the USB. If the reinstallation of the drivers is complete, check again in Device Manager and Disk Management. Is there any change?

Let me know if you have any progress
Did as you suggested removed driver then unplugged external bootable clone then restarted and replugged external drive still does not show up in my computer, but does show up as icon in devices. External hdd did show up as blank disk before I did the clone. I contacted Spotmau but their solution was not possible to do. They said i needed another software and told me what to do but it did not make sense how to do it. i think I was connected to tech who did not understand my problem. I just want a clone of my internal c drive to a larger hdd and look at the clone before I switch the hdd with both the hdd's visable at the same time.
Blocked Profile
Oct 3, 2014 at 03:03 PM
Get your money back!