October 10, 2014
-
Registration date
Sunday September 12, 2010
Status
Last seen
January 18, 2021
-
I am trying to create a small macro which helps me copy the contents of a particular sheet (In my case the total of a long list of calculations) as an entry in another workbook as well as a name which will be in another cell

It seems to be somewhat like a database wherein everytime I use the macro, the results will get stored beside the name in a workbook, one below the other.

As I am new to the concept, I am having difficulty how to do the same.

2 replies

Registration date
Status
Last seen
January 18, 2021
Hi Blah,

So you want to create a different workbook for each name?!

The beauty of Excel is that you can store multiple sheets in a single workbook so that all the information is in one place. That way it is easier to find and process your data.

Best regards,
Trowa
Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2014
Status
Last seen
October 10, 2014

I think I have been misinterpreted.

Please consider this example.

I am creating a directory of expenses wherein there are 4 fields (Month, Name Expense Details, Expense Amounts)

Month July

Name Expense Detail Expense Amount
John car wash 300$
Jim toilet paper 10$
harry Diner 40$

Total 350$

Now I want one workbook/sheet to have the following fields captured (Month & Total)

Month Total
July 350$
August 265$

The second Worksheet should have the following fields captured (Month, Name, Expense Amount). It would be an aggregation of all previous sheets

Month Name Expense Amount

July John 300$
July Jim 10$
July harry 40$
August John 15$
August harry 20$
Sep Jim 500$

Similarly The third worksheet should have the following fields captured (Month, Expense Details, Expense Amount). It would be an aggregation of all previous sheets.

Its seems fairly simple as a concept but as I'm new to this, its been a little tough to work it out beyond this.
Registration date
Status
Last seen
January 18, 2021
OK, that makes more sense.

Could you post your workbook with sample data and result data so I can see where your data is located and where your result needs to go (as well as the number of sheets) ?

Use a file sharing site like www.speedyshare.com or ge.tt and then post back the download link.

I will see what I can do to run the process automatically.

Best regards,
Trowa

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!