Is not turn on

Closed
arun - Nov 5, 2014 at 09:48 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Nov 6, 2014 at 07:11 AM
Hello, my laptop is lenovo G510. I was working in
my laptop it asked for windows to update n restart
computer.i choosed one hour later option.after one hour
the laptop is gone to automatic restart.during restarting
laptop is automatically setting something.n it was showing 1%
,2%....100%.n i guess it was not a windows update setting.after that it ask me
express or customize setting?i choosed express n then
laptop is trying to open its windows,mouse is working
sometime.screen is black with some light from inside(on the way of opening with
black n white screen),fan is working inside.l tried to turn
off it,remove battary n replaced again but didn'work.my
laptop is still trying to open n i only see the mouse pointer
in black screen.i hope u understand my problem
i will be happy to get the solution.

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Nov 6, 2014 at 04:53 AM
Hi, Arun

I believe that most probably you are talking about some OS updates. I would start with restarting the PC, pressing F8 and entering the Advanced boot options menu. When there, select Last Known Good Configuration and press Enter. Any changes?
You can even try to access Windows in Safe Mode with networking and try to update video drivers.
I would advise you to enter BIOS and check if your HDD is detected. If not, load BIOS defaults and restart.
Do you have a Windows recovery drive? You can use it to boot from it and repair if something went wrong.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows?ui=en-US&rs=en-001&ad=US#1TC=windows-7 - Using last known good configuration.

Hope this helps
hi..but my problem is none if the keys is working
this time.sometime it shows mouse pointer only..
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Nov 6, 2014 at 07:11 AM
You should press F8 after restarting the PC, before loading the OS. You should be able to press any key, if your keyboard is properly connected.