Change of password security notification

Closed
bmsinct Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday December 3, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 3, 2014 - Dec 3, 2014 at 09:13 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Dec 4, 2014 at 01:17 PM
I established an @ live.com email account for a non-profit for which I volunteered. I will no longer be addressing the correspondence from this email address. There is a double layer of security that was set up in order to change the password: my personal email and my cell phone which are notified and a code requested in order to change the password. I need to update this information so that the person who will be maintaining the account can access the account and change the password using her own security information, and my security information needs to be removed. I was able to change the email address for notification, but Outlook said it has a 30 day waiting period and this person needs to use the account now. I also need to revised to change the cell number or remove this layer of security. Though I changed the email address to hers the other day, it reverted back to mine when I received the 30 day notice. I received an email from Outlook asking if I had changed this info, and when I click to confirm that I did, it takes me right back to the original information.
Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 4, 2014 at 01:17 PM
All the person needs is the ID and password to read the emails. It's unlikely that the password will need to change in the next 30 days.