Outlook pst fix

Closed
olivercoll Posts 1 Registration date Sunday December 21, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 21, 2014 - Dec 21, 2014 at 03:34 PM
curtis88 Posts 1 Registration date Monday December 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 22, 2014 - Dec 22, 2014 at 08:26 AM
Hello,

I have MS Outlook 2007. I recently had a problem with my computer, where when Outlook starts up, a message pops up saying "Cyclic Redundancy Error" with Outlook.pst. I have even tried to copy and save the file in a different folder but I cannot even move it.
Can anybody give me some advice on how it possible to fix this problem?
Much appreciated!
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Dec 21, 2014 at 04:00 PM
Check the cause. In the case the CRC error was thrown by the hard drive, the cause is likely data being incorrectly written to the hard drive. This can be caused by either the operating system being corrupt, or a power loss.

To fix a hard disk CRC error, run the CHKDSK application. In the "My Computer" folder, right click the affected hard drive and click properties.

The alternative to this step is execute commands from command prompt as below:

. Run CMD as an Administrator
type chkdsk C: /f /r ( 'C' signifies the affected Drive).
curtis88 Posts 1 Registration date Monday December 22, 2014 Status Member Last seen December 22, 2014
Dec 22, 2014 at 08:26 AM
Hello olivercoll! Try these steps

* Click "File," then "Exit" to close Microsoft Outlook.
* Open Windows Explorer. Browse through your file system to where Microsoft Outlook is installed. On a 32-bit Windows system, this will be "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office XX," where "XX" is the Office version number. On a 64-bit Windows system, this will be "c:\Program Files (x68)\Microsoft Office\Office XX."
* Double-click "scanpst.exe." Click the "Browse" button and navigate to "c:\users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook." Double-click "archive.pst."
* Click "Start." The utility scans your archived PST file and reports any errors or corruption in the file.
* Click "Make Backup of Scanned File Before Repairing" if the Scanpst program finds errors. Click "Repair." Close the confirmation window when the repair is finished.

Or use Outlook deleted by moderator