Wired and wireless issue

Closed
Steve - Dec 9, 2014 at 07:51 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Dec 9, 2014 at 08:09 PM
Hello,
so i dont have internet access on my pc i have 2 other computers that are getting access to the internet. its not working with the Ethernet or wireless, although everything was working fine the last time i used it. i did a system restore and that didnt work. when i run the trouble shooter it says "local area connection" dosnt have a valid IP configuration. i tried doing ipconfig/renew but it tells me an error occurred while renewing interface LAC unable to detect your DHCP. please help. thank you

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 9, 2014 at 08:09 PM
I would check to see if some malware hasn't inserted a proxy server into IE. Click on Tools in the IE menu then internet options. Select connections and then LAN settings. Uncheck the Proxy server box and make sure the "automatically detect settings" box is checked.

Good Luck