Dell Inspiron 1525 base system device problem

Solved/Closed
dae; - Updated on Jun 8, 2017 at 05:40 AM
 helmert - Dec 7, 2017 at 09:01 AM
Hello,

i have a problem with my Dell Inspirion 1525 laptop.
i suddenly seem to be able to connect to the interent wirelessly only when I am DIRECTLY next to the router
& I see that in my computer's properties the word "Base System Devices" is shown twice with an exclamation mark..

what is the problem, can I fix it myself, and is that what has my wifi connection horrible all of a sudden??

thankyou,
any help is greatly appreciated!

5 responses

gadow21 Posts 13 Registration date Wednesday April 28, 2010 Status Member Last seen April 29, 2010 3
Apr 28, 2010 at 11:07 AM
I had the exact same issue, and it drove me nuts trying to figure out which is the correct driver that I am missing. I finally found which one the "Base System Device" driver is, and what device it was pointing to.

To fix the issue, you need to go to Dells device & drivers website, and go to the Inspiron 1525 drivers site. Then, choose Windows XP, and once that site comes up, you need to choose Chipset, and download the Ricoh driver. There is only two of them listed, one is a Intel for your regular chipset, and then the Ricoh driver for you flash card driver. Here is the actual link to the correct driver you need to fix all three "Base System Device" bangs.

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriversHome/NeedProductSelection

After you install this file, and reboot your machine, you should be good. If you have any questions, please dont hesistate to ask. By the way, I am a CompTIA A+ and Net+ Certified computer technician, so if you need help, I am the man to ask.
YOU ROCK! I had the same problem and went nuts trying to figure out which driver I needed. This fixed it. THANKS SO MUCH. I now have a 100% working Win 7 install on my Inspirion 1525.
Gadow21, you ARE the man !!!

Just what I was looking for