Black Screen w/ Cursor

Closed
Klassic Posts 1 Registration date Sunday January 18, 2015 Status Member Last seen January 18, 2015 - Jan 18, 2015 at 11:46 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Jan 19, 2015 at 09:36 AM
Here's a run down on what happened..
I was trying to launch a steam game but it would not want to launch, so I restarted my computer. Upon launch, I was confronted with a blue screen. I figured I messed something up so I did the "fix your computer" thing and let it run for a couple of hours. I come back and I see a black screen with a mouse. This is where I'm at now. I've restarted the computer and it boots windows fine. It's when I get to the login page where it's just all black with the cursor. I am unable to ctrl+alt+delete considering I'm at the login page. I'm pretty positive I'm screwed, but want to know what you guys think. I would love to get out of this situation and be able to use my computer again. Thanks. (and please dumbin' down the computer vocabulary for me please, thanks)
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Jan 19, 2015 at 09:36 AM
Hi Klassic,

Have you tried entering the Advanced Boot Menu ( pressing F8 at startup) and selecting The Last Known Good Configuration? This might help you so y strongly recommend it. I would suggest resting BIOS from the BIOS menu, or removing the CMOS battery for a few seconds.

Hope this helps