[Closed]
Registration date
Friday January 30, 2015
Status
Last seen
January 30, 2015
-
 ladypera -
I recently figured out what all those howdecrypt files are all about and wnat to stop my computer from making them. I went to the instruction that told me how to find the efs file however when i went it wasn't there. I couldn't find it inm a search either and my computer is full of them. I don't want to delete them becausse I don';t know what they are. Is there someway to unencrypt them so i can see what they are? Also stop the computer from doing it??? Please help although I am not extrememly computer literate so keep it as simple as possible for me please. Any help appreciated.

thanks in advance
ladypera
ps am running windows 7 vista on Toshiba

2 replies

Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
I suggest you have someone wipe the system clean and install a fresh copy of Windows. Only an expert in virus removal can safely remove this virus.

Good Luck
Thank you for the reply however I don't have a virus my computer is clean. I recently had a new motherboard installed with the old hard drive because I didn't want windows 8 and I wanted to save my info. I have run vurus scans, malawarebytes, etc and I run ASC and it shows clean. It's and enigma lol. Thanks you for taking the time to reply.

ladypera
also, I forgot to mention that the technician that installed the new motherboard completely cleaned the hard drive of any virus etc.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!