PC wont go into setup or BIOS

Closed
Confused in ca - Mar 18, 2009 at 07:01 PM
 Confused in ca - Mar 19, 2009 at 01:55 PM
Hello,
My pc went to a blue screen last night and when I rebooted it went to the a screen that said 'press DEL to enter setup or 'TAB' to enter BIOS. Unfortunately, when I click either of those it says 'Entering setup' or 'loading...', but never actually goes there. It stays saying 'Entering setup' or 'loading... . I have put in my windows xp disc and even bought a new cd drive thinking it couldn't read the disc. None of it is getting my pc to go past 'Entering Setup'. Do you have any idea what I can do or what could cause this?
Related:

1 response

givemepsc Posts 33 Registration date Monday September 22, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 12, 2009 18
Mar 19, 2009 at 07:23 AM
hi,
try to reseat you RAM and HDD.
make sure to unplug your computer from the mains.
then reboot.
to make the computer to boot from CD, you need to do the settings in the BIOS itself.
Confused in ca
Mar 19, 2009 at 01:55 PM
Ty for the reply :)
Actually, after being told by one person it was my motherboard and another that it was my hard drive, I bought a new hdd and prayed that I could save the stuff I have on the old one. I put in the new hdd and my pc wouldn't start up at all. I opened it up to see what was going on and noticed the cd/dvd connector was unplugged. Being female and blond I had a 'doh' moment and reconnected it. It started up and everything is working fantastic again. Next time I'll check the small things first and then work up to the big ones.