USB Drive not working on anything other than PC

Closed
Andy - Feb 10, 2015 at 07:39 AM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Feb 16, 2015 at 07:10 AM
I have 16GB kingston data traveler, It is not working on my car stereo or on my LG LED TV which supports both NTFS and FAT32 formats, i have saved files format of mp3 for stereo which supports mp3 and .mkv which is supported by my LED tv.
There is one more issue when i use this drive on any other PC and try to copy anything, it prompts for administrator access and i have to press ok everytime a task has to performed and it works.
Is there some kind of a access issue with it??? please help me!!!
Related:

4 responses

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Feb 10, 2015 at 08:22 AM
Hey Andy. Try changing the administrative rights for the flash drive. Connect it to the computer and open up Windows Explorer, right click with the mouse on the flash drive and select properties, then security options. Set everything to full permission if it's not and try again with the other devices. If this doesn't help, try reformatting it, but untick the quick format option, to see if after this you're able to use it normally.

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD
iamandy Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday February 10, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 10, 2015
Feb 10, 2015 at 10:21 AM
attached is the photo
Hey boogieman_WD, thanks a lot for writing me back, i don't know why is photo not attaching here but i have given full control to everyone (group), and i have formatted it several times, using disk managment, using right click format both quick and without quick, in NTFS as well as FAT32. I do not see any security tab in properties when i format it using fat32 but in NTFS i have (check) under allow in front of full control to group(everyone). But i think the problems lies there with something in the permission area, any other idea???
iamandy Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday February 10, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 10, 2015
Feb 10, 2015 at 10:22 AM

here is photo showing full control to everyone
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Feb 16, 2015 at 07:10 AM
This seems very strange, I'm not sure what else I could tell you. I'd normally assume that the flash drive might be failing or something, but you say that it works just fine on computers. Try to reformat it on a different computer than the one you've used before to see if anything changes.