Transfer full row based on one column on multiple sheet to one

Closed
redwing35 Posts 3 Registration date Thursday February 12, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 23, 2015 - Feb 12, 2015 at 06:25 PM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - Feb 23, 2015 at 05:12 PM
I am new to this, and never did codes for Excel. But I need help. I have a workbook with 4 tabs: Summary, Project A, Project B, Project C. On Project A/B/C sheets there is a column called Summary Indicator. In the cell if it is YES, I want the entire row columns A though P to be copied to the Summary tab. The goal is to see only the key rows from all three Project sheets on the Summary tab. Can anyone help a newbie to macros and coding?
Related:

4 responses

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Feb 14, 2015 at 10:13 AM
Hello Redwing,

I think that the following code may help:-

Sub CopyData()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim lRow As Long
Dim lCol As Integer

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

For Each ws In Worksheets
    If ws.Name = "Summary" Then GoTo NextSheet

ws.Select

lRow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
    lCol = Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column

For Each cell In Range("A2:A" & lRow)
        If cell.Value = "Yes" Then
            Range(Cells(cell.Row, "A"), Cells(cell.Row, lCol)).Copy
            Sheets("Summary").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues

End If
    Next cell

NextSheet:
Next ws

Sheets("Summary").Range("A1:P" & Rows.Count).RemoveDuplicates Columns:=2, Header:=xlYes
Sheets("Summary").Select

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Application.CutCopyMode = False

End Sub

The "Summary Indicator" is in Column A of each sheet. Type "Yes" beside any row of data (in any sheet) that you want to transfer to the Summary sheet. The criteria ("Yes") is case sensitive.

You can have a look at my test work book here:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2272xcox0ng8w75/Redwing35.xlsm?dl=0

to see if it works for you.

Click on the blue "Summarise" button to transfer the data.

Kind regards,
vcoolio.
redwing35 Posts 3 Registration date Thursday February 12, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 23, 2015
Feb 16, 2015 at 10:38 AM
Thank you for the reply. But it does not seem to be capture all of the rows from the sheets. Even you example the summary only shows 6 total rows even though there are a total of 12 rows (4 rows from each of the three sheets). I would need it to show all the rows even ones with duplicate information.
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Feb 15, 2015 at 08:08 AM
Hello again Redwing,

Just in case you want to delete the transferred data from the three project sheets, I've adjusted the code slightly as follows:-

Sub CopyData()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim lRow As Long
Dim lCol As Integer

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

For Each ws In Worksheets
    If ws.Name = "Summary" Then GoTo NextSheet

ws.Select

lRow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
    lCol = Cells(1, Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column

For Each cell In Range("A2:A" & lRow)
        If cell.Value = "Yes" Then
            Range(Cells(cell.Row, "A"), Cells(cell.Row, lCol)).Copy
            Sheets("Summary").Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
            Range(Cells(cell.Row, "A"), Cells(cell.Row, lCol)).ClearContents
        End If
    Next cell
    Columns("B").SpecialCells(4).EntireRow.Delete
NextSheet:
Next ws

Sheets("Summary").Select

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Application.CutCopyMode = False

End Sub

You can see it at work in my test work book here:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wmshkn76wfuxi8n/Redwing35%282%29.xlsm?dl=0

Cheers,
vcoolio.
Feb 17, 2015 at 09:53 PM
Hello Redwing,

I'm not exactly sure what you are saying. Both of the above codes do exactly what your original post asked, i.e. copy the entire row (A - P) from the Project sheets (A, B & C) to the Summary sheet once the criteria "Yes" is typed into the Summary Indicator column (A) in any of the Project sheets. The only difference in the codes is that the second one deletes the "used" data from the Project sheets once that data is transferred to the Summary sheet.
The sample work books currently have "Yes" beside four rows of fictitious data in each Project sheet so twelve rows in total are transferred to the Summary sheet. I'm seeing twelve rows of data in the Summary sheet of both work books once the button is clicked on. In the first work book, all data is left intact in the Project sheets whereas, in the second work book, two rows of data are left behind in each Project sheet (because they do not have "Yes" typed beside them) as the other "used" data is transferred (and then deleted from the Project sheets).
If you type "Yes" in the Summary Indicator column (A) beside all the rows of data, then all the rows of data will be transferred to the Summary sheet. If you type "Yes" beside only one row of data, then only one row will be transferred. How many rows are transferred is up to you. This is in accordance with your original post.

If the code is not working in your actual work book, then I suggest that you upload a sample of your work book (be careful with any sensitive data) so that we can see exactly what's going on. You can upload a sample using a file sharing site such as DropBox.

Regards,
vcoolio.
redwing35 Posts 3 Registration date Thursday February 12, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 23, 2015
Feb 23, 2015 at 11:11 AM
Hello,

Here is a template I created that I seem to have issues with. I need to show every row that has a Yes on three individual tabs on teh summary page and they will have overlapping tasks. I am not sure why not all the rows with a "Yes" on Project A, Project B, Project C are not appearing on the Summary tab.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/og0kzam95cwu320/Integration%20Project%20Sample.xlsm?dl=0
Feb 23, 2015 at 05:12 PM
Hello Redwing,

Remove this line of code from the macro:-

Sheets("Summary").Range("A1:P" & Rows.Count).RemoveDuplicates Columns:=2, Header:=xlYes

and see if this resolves the issue.

BTW, do you need the "used" or transferred data from the three Project sheets cleared?

Let me know how it goes.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.