Frustrated

Closed
help1989 - Feb 13, 2015 at 08:26 AM
 Blocked Profile - Feb 13, 2015 at 08:29 AM
Hello,
I've been trying for the last year to reset my Toshiba laptop to factory settings. I have a recovery system to write discs on my laptop. I have written the 2 recovery discs but am now stuck trying to get them to work. I've tried F2, F1, F8, F9, F10, F 11 F12, 0 and the c button ( holding them down during the laptop is switching on). I have had the screen to "repair computer" and have selected it but it keeps stating that the insulation can't be done and switch laptop off and just switches off. How do I make the laptop start with the CDs.

1 response

Blocked Profile
Feb 13, 2015 at 08:29 AM
OK, when you computer first boots up, it says to into BIOS or Setup press F2 or F8. After you press that a very simple screen will pop up. This is called the BIOS. Change your boot order (by reading the onscreen instructions, a second time if need be as it can be confusing), to say CD first, then hard drive. Make certain you save it. Make certain your disk is in and reboot. Now, when it is all completed, you are going to have to go back to make the change to boot from harddrive, or everytime the machine boots up, it will look at cd and if there is one present it will launch from it!