Outlook Express 6.0 Losing Contacts/error msgs. opening and send [Solved/Closed]

Registration date
Sunday February 22, 2015
Status
Last seen
February 22, 2015
-
Registration date
Saturday December 27, 2014
Status
Last seen
February 22, 2015
-
During the last six weeks or so, whenever I install "updates" for my computer (Windows XP), my Outlook Express loses all my contacts, as well as becomes inoperable for opening and sending emails. I get the following messages. "The Address Book failed to load. Outlook Express is incorrectly configured. Please reinstall." Also, "There was an error opening this message. An error has occurred."

I have to keep going back to a System Restore point in order to get my contacts and Outlook Express working properly again, thus I really have no recent updates. I have run a full scan of my computer for malware, viruses, and no infections found. I have experimented staying off the internet before I shut down and run "updates" and still, when I reboot, the same problem occurs with Outlook Express after the updates have been installed.

Installing updates has never been a problem prior to six or so weeks ago. Help, please--does anyone have an answer to solve this problem? Thank you!

1 reply

Registration date
Saturday December 27, 2014
Status
Last seen
February 22, 2015
The next time Outlook Express fails, you can try the steps outlined in the Outlook Express repair kit.

Another option would be to migrate to Windows Live Mail , Microsoft's replacement for Outlook Express. If you are running XP, get Windows Live mail here. See this site for information on migrating your Outlook Express data to Live Mail. The User Interface is radically different fro Outlook Express and you may not like it but it is the interface Microsoft is using for all its new products.

For more: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/577a99e1-899e-4398-843c-c8ef467461cb/lost-addresses-from-my-outlook-express-address-book?forum=customercareframework
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2942 users have said thank you to us this month

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!