Outlook Express 6.0 Losing Contacts/error msgs. opening and send

Solved/Closed
SheltonRodn Posts 1 Registration date Sunday February 22, 2015 Status Member Last seen February 22, 2015 - Feb 22, 2015 at 04:57 AM
robertadams Posts 3 Registration date Saturday December 27, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 22, 2015 - Feb 22, 2015 at 01:38 PM
During the last six weeks or so, whenever I install "updates" for my computer (Windows XP), my Outlook Express loses all my contacts, as well as becomes inoperable for opening and sending emails. I get the following messages. "The Address Book failed to load. Outlook Express is incorrectly configured. Please reinstall." Also, "There was an error opening this message. An error has occurred."

I have to keep going back to a System Restore point in order to get my contacts and Outlook Express working properly again, thus I really have no recent updates. I have run a full scan of my computer for malware, viruses, and no infections found. I have experimented staying off the internet before I shut down and run "updates" and still, when I reboot, the same problem occurs with Outlook Express after the updates have been installed.

Installing updates has never been a problem prior to six or so weeks ago. Help, please--does anyone have an answer to solve this problem? Thank you!
Related:

1 response

robertadams Posts 3 Registration date Saturday December 27, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 22, 2015 2
Feb 22, 2015 at 01:38 PM
The next time Outlook Express fails, you can try the steps outlined in the Outlook Express repair kit.

Another option would be to migrate to Windows Live Mail , Microsoft's replacement for Outlook Express. If you are running XP, get Windows Live mail here. See this site for information on migrating your Outlook Express data to Live Mail. The User Interface is radically different fro Outlook Express and you may not like it but it is the interface Microsoft is using for all its new products.

For more: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/577a99e1-899e-4398-843c-c8ef467461cb/lost-addresses-from-my-outlook-express-address-book?forum=customercareframework