Date Formulas

Closed
Laura - Feb 24, 2015 at 02:18 PM
 Laura - Mar 21, 2015 at 01:06 AM
I am wanting to know how to make a copy of the same spreadsheet many times and when I do I want the date on the spreadsheet to change automatically each time a copy is made. For Example: if my spreadsheet says February 24, 2015 on the first copy I want the second copy that comes out to say February 25, 2015 without me having to print the first date and then change the date myself and then make a copy of it and then change the date again and make a copy because that would take way to long to do if I am wanting to do everyday until December 31, 2016. Please Help me I need to figure this out very soon because it is for school. Thanks in Advance

1 response

cmarzahn Posts 35 Registration date Wednesday February 18, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 13, 2015 7
Feb 24, 2015 at 05:29 PM
Not sure if this is what you need. Have you considered using a footer to date the sheet when printing? It's found under Page Setup then Custom Footer. Then use the Icons for Date and/or time to insert the line at the bottom of a page.

I often use it for items that change, such as rosters, so I can track which is the most recent version.

So it might look something like this:
Printed on &[Date] at &[Time]

Or if you need the date in a formula you can use the Now() function. Using "=Now()" and then formatting it might help. That function can be formatted to show date, time, etc.

Hope that helps. If not, send a msg and I'll try to help further.
I'm sorry this is not what I was looking for. I have the date on the spreadsheet but I want the date to change when printing automatically. I want to make about 100 copies of one spreadsheet all with a different date on it starting from March 1, 2015 and going up one day at a time each time the printer prints out a copy.
cmarzahn Posts 35 Registration date Wednesday February 18, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 13, 2015 7
Feb 25, 2015 at 06:43 PM
How much do you want to increment the date? Or is it a specific list of dates to print?
Laura > cmarzahn Posts 35 Registration date Wednesday February 18, 2015 Status Member Last seen March 13, 2015
Mar 21, 2015 at 01:06 AM
I want to print from August 1, 2015 every day through December 31, 2016