Was locked out

Closed
Diane - Mar 26, 2015 at 01:07 PM
 Diane - Mar 26, 2015 at 04:27 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to access my Yahoo email account (ba*****l). Last night after I signed in, I was prompted to answer the security question (which I've never had to do before). I answered the question correctly but it would not accept my answer. I tried both with CAPS and no CAPS. I was locked out for 12 hours but need to access the account in time for a meeting I have tonight. I am the secretary for a softball league and this is an email that has been passed down over the years to the current secretary. I've been using the account as secretary for two years already so I'm not sure why this happened all of the sudden. Hopefully you can help!

Diane Bourbeau

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Mar 26, 2015 at 02:57 PM
Your account password was probably too easy to guess. Which someone did and then changed it and the security questions. Without knowledge of the alternate email account and/or the associated phone number you probably stand zero chance of recovering the account.
There must be something we can do. That is still an email that I need and furthermore, need saved documents and incoming information from. The security question was not changed because I recognize it and know the answer. There must be another way to recover the account or override the security question. Can't I answer some security questions to Yahoo staff to unlock it?
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826 > Diane
Mar 26, 2015 at 04:15 PM
Here is the Yahoo phone number info:

We're here every day 7:00 AM ET to 11:00 PM ET.

From the U.S. or Canada, call us toll-free at 1-800-318-0612.
Thanks for your help. I do appreciate it. The number had me go online to help.yahoo.com (which is where I started from) and then disconnected so the phone number is no longer a way to contact Yahoo. Thanks anyway.