To formating

Closed
mukul - Apr 13, 2015 at 10:01 AM
Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   - Apr 13, 2015 at 10:34 AM
Hello,
i can't format my pen drive.when i click format then no option are not display to format and when i paste something then alert "This is no longer location in computer. varify the item's location and try again". what can i do.

1 response

Boogieman_WD Posts 275 Registration date Friday October 10, 2014 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2016   37
Apr 13, 2015 at 10:34 AM
Hey there mukul. It sounds like your USB flash drive might not be recognized properly by your computer. I'd suggest that you try formatting it with another computer to see if the same thing happens again. Some manufacturers offer formatting tools for their devices, so you could try if one of them is able to recognized your USB flash drive and if it's able to format it. Another option is to try to format the pen drive via CMD, here's how to do that: https://www.techhack.co.uk/2011/03/31/format-a-hard-drive-with-command-prompt/ Make sure you've selected the correct letter so that you don't format anything else by mistake.
On the other hand, unfortunately, there's the option that your pen drive might have failed. :(

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD

WD Representative