Missing drivers

Closed
Jesse - May 22, 2008 at 08:40 AM
markam Posts 79 Registration date Saturday March 17, 2007 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2010 - May 22, 2008 at 10:41 AM
Hey guys,

If anyone could help me it would be so helpful as i have been sitting at a computer for hours looking for what to do.

I just got a computer from my friend. It is an intel premium 4 cpu 2.8ghz 2.79ghz with 1gb ram (thats what it says when i go to system properties) . It is a D865DFG motherboard. It has a Radeon 850x graphics card.

I have recently just put a new harddrive in and installed windows XP home edition. The computer has nothing on it and i dont have the original installation cd's that come with it.The Problem i am having is that when i go to device manager, there is a yellow question mark with an exclamation mark ontop of where it says "Network Controller" "Video Controller" "Video Controller VGA Compatable" and "SM Bus Controller." I have been looking everywhere to get the controllers but i cant find them..

i have downloaded so many drivers.. i have downloaded lan drivers and radeon card drivers and now somehow i am on the internet (thankgod because i can seek help) but there is no way to check my connection? I am just connected somehow. Also I have tried playing a game (company of heroes) and it does a preliminary check before installation. Everything is fine except for where it say "video memory" and "shaders" and it says i have none!

Please help anyone it would be so great!
Thanks in advance
Related:

1 response

markam Posts 79 Registration date Saturday March 17, 2007 Status Member Last seen June 11, 2010
May 22, 2008 at 10:41 AM
hey,
try to download a software called " AIDA32" then intall it and run it, it 'll give u a full report about your computer , system, chipset, motherboard refernces, and other details about the machine...then with the chipset reference go to the indicated website or just goole it and u can find the manufacturer site where u can download the proper drivers , all u have to do is to specify the right references of the chipset and the graphic card so that u get the right driver for it.
good luck