Unable to reset PC

Closed
jmima Posts 3 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 23, 2015 - May 23, 2015 at 03:21 AM
jmima Posts 3 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 23, 2015 - May 23, 2015 at 05:40 AM
Hi there;

My Toshiba Satellite laptop had a huge crash so I refreshed it. After the refresh, the Windows App store refused to work, as did all the apps, which is very limiting. I tried to do a full reset following advice from a thread on here (press 0 while restarting) but the laptop has now told me: "Unable to reset your PC. A required drive partition is missing."

Can anyone help?
Related:

4 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
May 23, 2015 at 04:47 AM
Hi
Describe the crash.
How did you "refresh"?
What is the state of your lappy now?
jmima Posts 3 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 23, 2015
May 23, 2015 at 05:00 AM
Hi there; Thanks for getting back to me.

I was editing some photos and it started being ridiculously slow. To the point of not doing anything. I thought a restart would sort it out, but instead of restarting as normal. I got a blue screen telling me it couldn't restart. It asked me to do a system scan, which I did; then it said it couldn't fix itself with the scan and I would have to do a refresh. After the refresh, I noticed straight away that the Windows Store wasn't working at all, which means the apps weren't either. Upgraded to 8.1 again after much difficulty but it's still not resolved the Store or Apps issue. Chatted to a Microsoft advisor online who said that it sounded like there was a damaged recovery partition but she couldn't help (unless I paid her!) and to take it up with Toshiba.

Laptop is kinda working, though without any apps, what I can do is very limited!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
May 23, 2015 at 05:19 AM
Greetings

I still don't understand what you mean by "refreshing".

What do you mean by "apps" ? Do you mean programmes? Applications are not the same as programmes.

So you had a blue screen, otherwise called a blue screen of death (bsod) Looks like you may have a hardware issue. Lets see if we can identify the cause.

Do the following and I will look at the results later this evening.

Download the following on your desktop:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/bluescreenview.zip

Unzip the file

Double click on BlueScreenView.exe

At the end of the scan, click on edit and then on select all

Go on file and click on save selected items

Save the log as bsod.txt

Open bsod.txt, copy and paste here

Catch you later
jmima Posts 3 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2015 Status Member Last seen May 23, 2015
May 23, 2015 at 05:40 AM
The thing is not showing any crashes!

I still don't understand what you mean by "refreshing".
Refreshing - as in the computer reinstalled everything but left the files untouched.

What do you mean by "apps" ? Do you mean programmes? Applications are not the same as programmes.
Programmes which I download are working, the Windows Apps Store and all the apps within it are not.