Problems with yahoo customer care

Closed
Diana - May 30, 2015 at 11:43 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - May 30, 2015 at 05:48 PM
Hello, I forgot my password more than four weeks ago and since then I've completed 8 online forms help to recover my password and have contacted yahoo customer care with this issue several times and I always get the same reply, which is to answer the secret questions even if I told them I don't remember the answers. I don't have access any more to the alternative email address given then and there is no phone number listed. I'm desperate to get my account back and as long as i'm concerned, yahoo customer help doesn't really put the effort in resolving the issue.
I'm getting tired of contacting yahoo customer care with the same problem and getting nowhere.
Related:

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
May 30, 2015 at 04:16 PM
Hello

When was the last time you successfully accessed your account?
I'm still loged-on on my phone and it's says that the last time the emailes have been updated is 6.04.2015
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
May 30, 2015 at 04:29 PM
If there is no activity on an account for 30 days or more, it is automatically deleted from the server.
Sorry but your account may no longer exist.

P.S. To make sure, ask someone you know to send you an e-mail, if they get an error, you can be certain your account is no longer in service.
Thank you. I just sent myself an email form another account and I didn't get an error and It's been send. I don't think it's been deleted. Hopefully.
May 30, 2015 at 04:40 PM
Hello Diana

Have you tried any of these options?

https://ccm.net/faq/36332-how-to-recover-your-yahoo-mail-account
No; I'm trying right now 'password and security questions'
Thank you ;))
I'm afraid there is no sub topic called 'forgot my password and secret answers' any more.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170 > Diana
May 30, 2015 at 05:13 PM
Hello Diana, (Princess?)

Yes there is more but you may not like it!

You must fill the customer care contact form and in the security question space, write "unknown", write in an alternative contact e-mail such as gmail and wait for a reply.

I am pretty sure that there are thousands of people in your situation, but sometimes I feel that there are only three customer care attendants which may be part-time employees.

There is no magic solution.

As a very last resort, you can try this link:

https://login.yahoo.com/account/challenge/session-expired?authMechanism=secondary&done=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2F

Use any of the 3 options, see if they work for you.

I'm sorry but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Good luck
I did fill the yahoo customer care contact form for like 10 times and i did get a reply, but unfortunately is the same reply i get everytime, which is to answer those 'secret questions' and I also tried all the other options. Anyway, thank you for your time.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170 > Diana
May 30, 2015 at 05:48 PM
That is an awful pity that they did not bother to at least say hello. That's the lot with those corporate giants, we must deal with robots.

The next thing when we will call for an emergency and we will get phone options: 1. Fire; 2. Heart Attack; 3. Drowning; 4. Unpremeditated murder; 5. Broken Bone; and the sub optons etc.

Have scone, it will comfort you.

Good luck