Yahoo managed att.net email

Closed
gbynum - Sep 27, 2021 at 02:29 PM
 bmolino - Sep 12, 2022 at 07:02 PM
Hello,

Starting about 6 or 8 weeks ago, when I login to my att.net account, I'm often given:

Looks like you’ve tried to sign in unsuccessfully too many times. Recover your ID or reset your password to continue.
CARE CODE: 205.2 [LU003]

I have a Windows 10 desktop and laptop; this happens with both.

I have an iPhone and iPad; both work. I can reset the password, and it will work with the Chrome browser for a day or 2, then back to needing to recover.

I've cleared the caches with no improvement.

What's happening?

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 94.0.4606.61
Related:

13 replies

After resetting my password multiple times, and AT&T not being able to solve the issue. I gave up, switched my email to Gmail, and I am now switching Internet providers.
It is not fun to have to change your password every few days, and stay logged off for a day. AT& is crazy to ignore this problem. Good bye AT&T
It is very much an issue with ATT&T. This is ongoing and has been for several months whenever I try to sign in on my laptop. There is not any corruption or problems with my email or password. I get my ATT Yahoo mail on my windows mail. I am not going to change my password every two weeks. If they do not want to fix it, they should keep us signed in and not sign us out after 2 weeks.
For me is it happening in Google Chrome, but works on Microsoft edge. Strange
Got the same issue. It's not you. You can "fix" it by resetting your password, but now any other devices you sign in will get that error. And other people report still that you will have to reset your password every 2 weeks on desktop. I can report it works fine thru Aquamail on mobile, but that's it.
We are having the same issue and AT&T can't fix it. She says there is no known issue. However, we have this issue everytime we want to log in.
I am also having the same exact issue. It works on my mobile device, but not on any desktop computer or laptop that I try signing in to. It's really frustrating!
Same is happening to me... how did you resolve it?
Mozzkat > SuperCat
Jul 15, 2022 at 01:59 AM

I haven't been able to resolve it. I've found a really annoying work around but it's temporary.  I basically reset my password every single time I want to view my email on a laptop or desktop.  I hate having to do that. They should just fix it already. 

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
CARE CODE: 205.2 [LU003]
I too need help with this error code. This started weeks ago and I have called 4 times! Every time I get a new person no one puts in the notes from the last call! I have re-set it multiple times and cleared out history and cookies! I even had a tech re-sync it! It works for a day and then back to the same error message! The last tech today told me he couldn't do anything do to the security of my email????? Really get this fixed! This is an att/yahoo problem that needs to be fixed! I can not log on to my email and change my password everyday to access my email that I pay way too much for all my ATT services! Please fix this now!
I am having this same problem--second time in 2 weeks. Unbelievable this is happening. I am going to have to set up another e-mail with someone else. I don't have time to deal with this as an ongoing issue.
I started having weird issues with ATT also. It wanted me to upgrade my email app but I didn't. Then it started posting a pop up that I didn't have internet connection but everything else did. Then it popped up with a window that said that ATT had found a security threat and click to remove it which I didn't. All of it sounds like a hack. Just posting to sse if anybody else has had the same.
JuliBiGoolees
Jul 13, 2022 at 10:09 AM

Same. And what's more, when I reset my password I use the same exact password every time and it says I'm all set and lets me log in. Same password reused every time. 

I am having the same issue. I can get the email on my phone, but cannot login on my laptop. Have performed all of the recommended actions, and still nothing. Am in the AT&T Forum and actually got a tech on the phone and not even the temporary password that they sent me will work. This is BEYOND frustrating.
so it makes no difference to try and sign in on desktop?

I have the same problem.   So frustrating!  and none of the fixes works.   I can access my email on my phone but not on my laptop.   

I've been having the same problem. Whenever i try to login to my email on a laptop it tells me I have attempted to login too many times and i need to reset my password. I'm tired of changing my password every time i need to view my email on my laptop

I'ts been going on for 6 months. I call every 2-3 weeks and am told as of Sept. 1, they will no longer give you the code to put in to make the email work. Now they mail it to you. That's right, but mail 5-7 days. What a LOUSY company. Only happens on my laptop. I'm transferring all ATT to gmail. ps. don't try to email me. It's doesn't work. lol

My 100% Solution for the past four years.  Only use Edge browser for Att (or other non-yahoo mail).  Only use Chrome for Yahoo Mail and Gmail.  As long as you never open ATT in Chrome, Chrome will remember Yahoo Mail. 

To erase ATT login from Chrome, hit Ctrl+H and clear all Browsing History for all-time (uncheck Passwords though to save them).  With browsing history and cookies cleared (this takes several minutes depending on when you last did this), type into google for Yahoo Mail log in and then log in and save new favorite.  The old favorite might take you back to ATT, so delete it.

I hope this works.  I too do not want to change my email address.  I have so many things attached to it, that I can not possibly remember them all!