PC works only without display driver installed

Closed
Tin-Can - Jun 3, 2015 at 01:40 AM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - Jun 4, 2015 at 12:31 AM
Hey everyone my name is Tom and I've been experiancing some problems with my PC lately.
By now all of my problems have been fixed by my friend who knows what he's doing regarding computers. However, he's on a vacation trip so I won't be able to ask him for help.
I'd appreciate if you would try to assist me in fixing my issue.

THE PROBLEM:
After loading windows, the computer screen goes black and won't work.
I've tried to uninstall the display driver through safe mode and reboot, which worked, and still when it re-installs the driver and I have to reboot again the same problem above applies.

I can't use my computer without a graphics card driver since then I won't be able to play video games, which sums up about 90% of the stuff I do in my computer.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate, 32 bit (don't laugh at me), and the graphics card is Nvidia GeForce 520.

For any further information you would like to know in order to assist me, please ask and I will reply as soon as possible (considering you can do that if you're anonymous).

Thank you in advance, Tom.
Related:

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Jun 3, 2015 at 01:47 AM
Hello Tom,
Did you install the drivers correctly?..
Try to download updated version of driver from the website of nvidia and try to install it again!
Yes, I have installed the latest driver. It didn't work. I've also tried to install previous versions of the driver which have already worked for me before, unfortunately that has failed aswell.
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Jun 3, 2015 at 02:13 AM
Did you install it correctly?
You said unfortunately that has failed as well.
What failed at during installation?
what about in device manager?
I installed it correctly and I'm sure 100%.
The installation did not fail, however when I restarted the computer so that changes will take effect the same problem occured, after windows has loaded the screen went black and there was no signal.
If I want to make my PC work, I go into safe mode, uninstall the graphics driver through device manager, and then restart my computer.
I believe that the computer is using the built in simplest graphics driver right now (just like it uses in safe mode).
Jun 4, 2015 at 12:31 AM
ya it uses the onboard graphics.I also ask you what it showed in device manager?with graphic card inserted in safe mode?..
Did you fit your card properly.?
In BIOS did you disable the onboard graphics?