August 13, 2015
-
Registration date
Thursday October 23, 2014
Status
Last seen
February 28, 2017
-
Hi, I have a 1TB hard drive that I plug into my computer via USB. I access it as drive (E) and its called my EHD. I've been using it fine for the past year or so, when today I was viewing the pictures I have on it to create a slideshow, when the viewing program crashed. After my computer freezing up for a few minutes, I removed the drive and everything went back to normal. However now, when I plug my hard drive back in, the computer makes the noises that say its plugged in, however the Drive E option does not appear. When I unplug it, my computer also makes the same noises it does when the drive is unplugged as per usual. So clearly my computer recognizes it, however I can't access it. Would appreciate any help, thank you

1 reply

Registration date
Status
Last seen
February 28, 2017
Hello plzhelp1245,

Please, go to Disk management in your PC and try to locate your external drive there. Does it have a drive letter assigned to it? If not, you have to manually change the drive letter or set it. If it asks you to format, cancel it.
You can also try connecting it with different cable to your PC or to another PC.

Good luck.
Registration date
Wednesday August 12, 2015
Status
Last seen
August 13, 2015

I'm in Disk Management, however unable to locate the external drive there
Registration date
Status
Last seen
February 28, 2017
110 >
Registration date
Wednesday August 12, 2015
Status
Last seen
August 13, 2015

Hi again,

Restart your PC and enter into the BIOS menu. Can you see your external drive there? Can you hear the drive spinning?
I also would like to know if you managed to change the cable and to try your drive on another PC.
Please, share some more info.