Can connect to Firefox and nothign else

Closed
Q - Aug 17, 2015 at 03:22 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Aug 18, 2015 at 07:37 PM
So here's what happened. A year ago, I updated YTD Downloader on my computer. It was working before I did this, and after I did, it said that it could not connect to the internet. Soon I realised that this had happened to all devises on my computer (includuing I.E.) except for my old version of Firefox. If I try and update it, it stops working too.

I've tried everything, including the obvious answers online. I'm not set to any 'LAN' settings, and I don't have any add-ons or whatever. Forums like this are frustrating because once other people get their answer, the chat is over, while nothing works for me. It's been a year, and it is truly VERY frustrating to deal with this for so long. Can't use aps, can't download a LOT of software, and can't get my audiobooks. Can someone please help me out? Hello,

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 18, 2015 at 07:37 PM
I assume you reset all Internet Explorer setting to the factory defaults. This has fixed a couple of computers that my family has had problems with.

Another thing to look for is a "proxy server" setting in IE.

There is the free upgrade to Win 10 that might fix things. But, it might just turn the PC into a BRICK.

Good Luck