This article explain how to disable the sound notification when connecting a USB device to or disconnecting a USB device from your PC.
How to disable USB connect sounds in Windows 10?
- Find the speaker icon in the notifications menu in the taskbar.
- Click sounds and then go to the program events list.
- Find device connect.
- There should then be a drop down menu where you can select Windows hardware insert and then go back to the top and select none.
This will now remove the connection sound.
How to disable USB sounds in Windows 8.1?
Go to the Control Panel (Windows + X > Control Panel).
- Click on Sounds
- Select the Sounds tab.
- Search for the following events:
- Device connect.
- Device Disconnect.
- Select "Device connect".
- Click on the "Sounds" drop menu and select "None".
- Click on Apply.
Repeat the operation for the "Device disconnect" event.
Any more Windows questions? Check out our forum!
- Turn off usb notification sounds
- How to turn off usb connection sound windows 10
- How to turn off usb sound
- How to turn off system sounds on Windows 10 > Guide
- How to turn off whatsapp web notification sound > Guide
- TeamSpeak disable voice notifications > Guide
- Network notification: how to turn it off on Android > Guide
- How to turn off WeChat notification sound? > Guide
- Download and install Windows 8.1: from ISO, installer
- Windows 8 Media Center Pack: free download
- How to deactivate UAC with msconfig: Windows 8.1
- Disable task manager: gpo, group policy
- How to access the God Mode in Windows: 8.1
- How to disable fast boot: Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Fix cd-dvd drive missing in Windows: 7, 8, 10
- How to setup bluetooth Windows 8.1
- How to add fonts on Windows 8.1
- Bluetooth shortcut key: Windows 8.1
- Run as administrator on Windows 8.1
- Stop windows auto installing drivers: Windows 8
- Change computer name: Windows 8.1, PC
- Change icon size: Windows 8
- Delete user account: Windows 8.1
- How to change system language: Windows 8.1
- How to run disc cleanup windows 8.1
- Set the keyboard shortcut for volume: Windows 8
- Copy and paste results on Windows 8 via cmd
- How to set low battery notification: Windows 8.1
- How to enable language bar: in Windows 8
- How to turn on/off System Restore: Windows 11, 10, 8
- How to create a recovery partition in Windows 8.1