I have a problem about Lotus Domino 7.2, our server suddenly show up "PANIC: existing named shared memory region size is too small", after that all users unable connect to the server. The server crashed once before and we just re-install the Domino server, for the other side I am making a replication from the other server for the corrupt database....
We already try to restart the server but still showing the same error and unable to start the Domino.
Finally we found some error log in "sysinfo_W32I_server_2013_07_15@21_25_53.log" and talking about....
INFO (0): failed to match all of the Notes processes
WARNING (3): can't get process 2952 status
ERROR (0): no active processes found for this instance
ERROR (4): can't attach to process [ nsmtp: 0b88] - (87) The parameter is incorrect.
Do you have any idea to fix that problem?
Apparently there are several corrupt databases. Your Domino server must have crashed once, before it started to show the out-of-memory errors.
What needs to be done:
- shut down Domino
- make a back-up of the whole Domino environment
- make sure that the Domino executables folder is in your path
- open a Command Prompt window
- change directory to the Domino data directory
- run FIXUP on all databases, this is a tool to repair databases, it throws away corrupt documents (they will be restored from a replica on another server when available)
- example: nfixup names.nsf =E:\Lotus\directory\notes.ini.
- when done, restart your Domino server
Better shut down the Domino server before running the fixup tool or Lotus Notes Repair Kit . It doesn't have anything to do with allocated memory directly, but it removes corrupt documents. These corrupt documents can make the server crash.
The fixup tool is in the same directory as the notes.exe file, it's called fixup.exe or nfixup.exe Lots of help here: