Ripper Softwares

Closed
FairLady Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday January 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen February 29, 2008 - Feb 29, 2008 at 06:27 AM
hppay Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday May 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 22, 2008 - May 22, 2008 at 12:37 AM
Hello,

I actually have two general questions about these ripper softwares:

1- Does using Windows DVD ripper application softwares (like DVD Shrink or D
VD Decrypter etc.,) damages/corrupts your DVD reader?

2- What is the legal status upon using such softwares? (Most of these softwares are either freewares or sharewares) and I' wondering what are the legal issues on the subject.

Thanks for your answers.
Related:

3 responses

zefenix Posts 116 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 9, 2009 64
Mar 17, 2008 at 03:22 PM
Nooo.. i dont think it will corrupt dvds .. they have sold that much.. :)
After several burns of dvds the lens needs a good cleaning... as the burning laser is in the lens... Use Lens Cleaner
hppay Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday May 21, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 22, 2008 1
May 22, 2008 at 12:37 AM
1. no. it does not corrupt dvds.
2. Read this article and you will know if it is legal .
http://forums.techcrunch.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=6587&tstart=0
Hi Fair Lady

Here what I think :

1) Ripper softwares don't corrupt or damage your DVD reader. I think that damages received by your DVD reader will depends on how often you use your reader.

2) I'm not an expert on legal status of those softwares, but I think It's legal to use it, if it's only for a personal use (copy back up, and so on)..
If you use those sofware for copy and distributing data that illegal, so you are a CRIMINAL booooooo (lol)
Anyway, that's my point of view, and what I'm think about.
see you