The widespread use of mobile phone cameras has lead to an increase in demand for editing software. It is no longer just professionals who are editing their images, and for this reason there are several alternatives for those who want to edit their own video without having to pay for programs like Adobe Premier. Here we provide a selection of the best free video editors.
Blender has been the editor of choice for numerous animated content, including the second part of Spider -Man. Beyond all the basic functions you find in any video editor, Blender allows you to complement the images with animations, 2D and 3D motion tracking. Despite its quality, it is completely free. It offers a wide range of options and also includes tutorials and forums to get you up-to-speed.
Blender is presented as a fully specialized 3D editor. It's open source and is our favorite. It is available for Mac, Windows, and Linux:
HitFilm 4 Express
HitFilm 4 Express is one of our favorite video editors for versatility. It offers a paid and a free version. HitFilm 4 Express is the free version, which allows you to edit any basic multimedia content intuitively. It also has tutorials on its website available at no cost:
It has functions to work in 2D and 3D, as well as chroma editing. One of the main features of this editor is that it allows you to implement specific functions for only $10, as well as buy packages with certain tools. Without having to pay for the Premium version, you can improve the basic editor by paying only for the specific extras you need. It available for Windows and Mac.
DaVinci Resolve is one of the most well-known video editing programs used among film professionals, thanks to its advanced color correction features. This program costs $259, but the big surprise is that recently the company launched a free software: BlackMagic DaVinci Resolve 17.
With the free version, you can now edit with more features. Almost all of the paid version options are in the free one, with the exception of 3D work tools, noise removal, and combination of images from different cameras:
Lightworks is another program used by Hollywood professionals in movies like the Wolf of WallStreet. In addition to this complete and advanced software, there is a simpler and free version for those who can't afford the full version.
The free version has some limitations in the export formats and video resolution, which is limited at 720p. It does not offer templates or other style effects. However, it stands out for precision and offers the possibility of using multiple tags to organize the content. In addition, it has a particularity easy way to edit a videos with multiple short clips, which is not simple in most editors:
- Xvideostudio video editor apps > Download
- Capcut video editor for pc > Download
- Inshot video editor for pc > Download
- Proshow video editor > Download
- DaVinci Resolve 17 > Download
- Soundtrack for web series and movies: free, download
- Download movies free online: websites, 2022, without sign up
- Transfer Mini DV to computer: with & without firewire
- GoPro turn off beep: 9, 10, Max, Hero
- Create an animated wallpaper: Windows 10, Android, iPhone
- PNG to ICO: converter, online, Windows 10
- How to make Philips DVD player region free
- The most anticipated movies of 2022
- ASPI drivers: Windows 10, download
- How to burn audio CD: Windows Media Player, without gaps
- Open SWF files in Windows and Android
- Resize an image: online, for free, without losing quality
- Enable shuffle mode on PotPlayer: on 64bit Mac
- Change desktop background: Windows 10, Mac
- Most anticipated albums of 2022: metal, rock, rap, hip hop
- Open PotPlayer in full screen?
- How to change image pixel size: on Mac, in Paint
- How to use Deezer: for free, offline
- How to put someone's face on a GIF: online, apps
- Unable to read MP4 videos in Winamp: how to fix
- The best voice changing apps
- What is a TIFF File used for?
- How to edit a video in Windows Story Remix