Allow rules wizard to work without Exchange Server?

Solved/Closed
victor_eilander Posts 1 Registration date Sunday October 11, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 12, 2015 - Oct 12, 2015 at 07:48 AM
StefanFridriksson Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday October 13, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 27, 2015 - Oct 13, 2015 at 10:19 AM
Hello,

I no longer work for the company that had the Exchange server and I have my personal pop3 email coming into Outlook.
When I try to use the rules wizard, it tells me that the rules must be on the Exchange server. How do I correct this?
Is there some other way to direct emails from different pop3 accounts into their own inbox folder?

Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Oct 12, 2015 at 05:23 PM
OK, scrape the rules wizard, as that is stored on the mail server. It works on the server so your client does not consume bandwidth to get the junk that it was configured to reject! There is nothing you can do, but set up local rules, or set them up on your ISP server to not even present them to your outlook client!

I have said it once, I will say it again. IT!
StefanFridriksson Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday October 13, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 27, 2015
Oct 13, 2015 at 10:19 AM
Create a new Outlook account. If Rules Wizard works properly, then drag the data over from old account to new account.
You need to convert OST to PST file.
Also, I think that this information will be useful to you. <REMOVED BY MODERATOR>