Inputting a text based on another column Text.

Closed
Rigby - Oct 18, 2015 at 10:32 AM
bimmy80 Posts 9 Registration date Saturday October 17, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 19, 2015 - Oct 21, 2015 at 03:04 AM
Hi,

Hope all is well.

I was wondering if you can help. I cannot figure out the formula to automatically add text to one cell base on another cells text. For example, I use the condition format =F1="Pending" to have B1 Cell turn blue. How can I add to =F1="Pending" to have cell B1 not only turn blue but for it to automatically have the text word "Pending".

Any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Related:

2 responses

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Oct 20, 2015 at 02:22 PM
in B1 have, a formula like
=IF(F1="PENDING", "PENDING", "here is the else part")

or
=F1 to show what ever is in F1
Hi Rizvisa,

I turely appreciate your help and taking the time to assist me. I am a little confused. I understand =IF(F1="PENDING", "PENDING", but do not understand what is meant by "here is the else part"). Is there something I should place in the else part? Or where should I place =F1 when managing the rule for the B cell.

Thanks again for taking the time to help.
bimmy80 Posts 9 Registration date Saturday October 17, 2015 Status Member Last seen November 19, 2015
Oct 21, 2015 at 03:04 AM
Hi Rigby,

Let me explain rizvisa1's formula

If B1 has the word Pending then using below formula will reflect the word Pending in B1

=IF(F1="Pending", "Pending", "")

If B1 does not contain the word Pending or if there is any spelling mistake in the word Pending then using below formula will reflect the word Incorrect

=IF(F1="Pending", "Pending", "Incorrect")

You can use any other word or sentence to highlight that the info in B1 is incorrect but use inverted commas

Hope this helps