To disable the auto updates on your Facebook app on Android, iOS, or in your browser, read the article below.
Facebook app updates notify users of new content in their feed. Updates are enabled by default when the app is first opened by the user. But you can disable this feature.
How do I stop Facebook mobile app from auto refreshing?
You can change the settings on your Android or iOS device to prevent the Facebook app from updating automatically. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Facebook app and open the Settings tapping More button in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Choose Settings & Privacy.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to the Refresh option and toggle Auto-Refresh off.
- Open the Facebook for Android app. Tap on the Menu key and select App Settings.
How to turn off the auto refresh on desktop?
If you use Facebook in your browser, you can also turn off automatic updates here. Here's how to do it:
- Open the Facebook homepage in your web browser and click the Settings button in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- In the drop-down menu, click Settings > App Settings.
- Move to the Refresh section and toggle Auto-Refresh off.