Flash drive won't open; I'm asked to format the disc

Closed
john-anthony Posts 1 Registration date Monday October 19, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 19, 2015 - Oct 19, 2015 at 05:21 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Oct 19, 2015 at 05:27 PM
Hi,

After removing my flash drive from my Windows XP, PC when it wouldn't start, I now get the following message when I try to open my flash drive disc, "Do you I want to format the flash drive"? When I click the flash drive disc's Properties, Properties says that the flash disc is empty: the flash drive disc has 0 free space and 0 used space. None of my files is in my Recycle Bin.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the flash drive disc in my PC, but I get the same above mentioned message. Since formatting the flash drive disc erases, I gather, all of the data in my files, does anyone know what, if anything, I can do to gain access to the important papers I have put on the flash drive disc? Or is all the data formerly on the flash drive disc irrecoverable?

When I click flash drive Properties, then Hardware, I'm told the device is working properly. Clicking Troubleshoot is not helpful since it does not address my particular problem: flash drives didn't exist when I bought the PC.

Would the program Recuva be of any use in solving my flash drive disc problem?

Any help in enabling me to recover these important flash drive papers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Oct 19, 2015 at 05:27 PM
Hello,

First, try this:

# Download USB Fix
  • Launch it, a shortcut will be created on your desktop.

• Choose "Clean" option.
  • A pop-up will follow
    Connect all your external data sources to your PC (Usb keys, sd cards external drives, etc...)
  • Once you're ready, click "OK".
  • While cleaning, you will lose access to your desktop, but this is normal.

The numbers of analyzed and infected elements are displayed.

# Copy/paste the report here.

Tutorial : http://www.en.usbfix.net/2014/02/usbfix-tutorial-clean-option/

Let me know

Ambucias
Moderator / Virus Security Contributor