Dns_probe_finshed_no_internet

Closed
Jennifer Neal - Dec 10, 2015 at 04:53 AM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Dec 10, 2015 at 07:46 PM
Hello all,

can anyone help?

I am having an issue with my mac, I was using it fine yesterday. Today I woke up turned it on for work and boom, dns probe fished no interent came up.
I had this problem on my lap top awhile back but was able to fix it with out to much bother.
I followed the advice on another thread I had seen on here going to advanced settings
tcp/ip and dns and no joy.
What am I doing wrong?

One of the things said to delete any entries in my dns but I can't seem to do that. There is only one and it will let me add new ones but won't let me delete the one there.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Jen

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,829
Dec 10, 2015 at 07:46 PM
are you using wifi for the connection?

This might help:

Go to the  Apple menu and System Preferences, then choose the “Network” preference panel
Select Wi-Fi from the sidebar, then in the Location menu choose “Edit Locations”
Click the [+] plus button to add a new location, name it something obvious like “OS X 10.10.2 Wi-Fi Fix” then choose “Done”
Join your wi-fi network as usual by selecting it from the Network Name menu
Now click the “Advanced” button
Choose the “DNS” tab and manually add DNS servers that are appropriate for your location, these can the DNS from your ISP, or something like Google DNS service: 8.8.8.8
Choose “OK” then click “Apply” to confirm the changes made
Back at the  Apple menu, choose ‘Restart…’ and reboot the Mac