Headphones with integrated microphone - not working

Closed
YellowFellow Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 10, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 11, 2015 - Dec 10, 2015 at 10:00 AM
 Blocked Profile - Dec 11, 2015 at 05:02 PM
Dear reader,

A few hours ago, I bought these TRUST COMO headphones with integrated microphone. However when I plug them in with the pc converter cable, it does not work at all. The sound just plays from my pc and my standard pc microphone gets used as well. My operating system is windows 8 and my laptop brand is HP. Both the speaker and the microphone work when plugged into my phone. Does anyone have an idea of how I could fix this? My sound card is from realtek and I have the latest drivers. The microphone is not shown in the recording devices menu.

Awaiting your responses,

YellowFellow
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Dec 10, 2015 at 06:54 PM
The soundcard drivers should not matter. Is it a standard Mini-phono cable connector?

Is your front panel enabled?
YellowFellow Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 10, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 11, 2015
Dec 11, 2015 at 01:23 AM
Its a 3.5 mm jack, just like the headphone and microphone themselves.
I don't know what you mean by front panel. I tried googling it but, I don't seem to get straight answers.
Blocked Profile
Dec 11, 2015 at 05:02 PM
There is hardware options to disable the front jacks on the FRONT PANEL! Are they enabled, did it ever work?