You may ask if it is necessary to manually disable the integrated chipset which is part of your laptop. Here is the answer.
Should I disable integrated graphics
In case you know why you need to disable your integrated graphic chipset and the benefits of it, then do as you need. Otherwise, you should let your operating system keep managing both your integrated and external graphic cards as it is optimized to switch dynamically when it is needed. Keep in mind that using only your external graphic card may result in poor battery life and software compatibility issues.
On Linux, it is another story as there is no native dynamic switching and must be handled manually depending on the Linux distribution you have.
- Should i disable onboard graphics
- Should you disable integrated graphics
- Do i need to disable integrated graphics
- Outlook disable hardware graphics acceleration > Guide
- Integrated graphics not working [solved] > Forum - Hardware
- Disable Hot Keys on Intel Graphics
- LibreOffice - Disable animated text and graphics
- OpenOffice - Disable the use of animated graphics
- How to update NVIDIA drivers: Windows 10, Windows 11
- How to fix Nvlddmkm.sys error: Windows 10, Windows 11
- How to choose the right graphics card?
- Identify version of Pixel Shader: 5.1, 5.0, 2.0, 3.0
- How to overclock Nvidia graphics card?
- AMD CrossFire compatibility chart: 2021, 2022
- How to hard reset NVIDIA shield tablet?
- Disable Intel Graphics shortcut keys
- Nvidia GeForce Now: download, games, cost
- How to choose a graphics card for your PC
- Display GPU activity icon in notification area: NVIDIA
- How to install a new graphics card?
- How to update the graphics card driver: automatic, manual