Format cell values to be included in another cell

Closed
kcufit Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 24, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 27, 2015 - Dec 26, 2015 at 06:56 AM
kcufit Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 24, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 27, 2015 - Dec 27, 2015 at 09:07 AM
Hello,

I am currently creating a holiday planner for all my employees on Excel 2010. I also want to create a separate cell for each day that shows how many people are available according to their skill set. E.g. I have 4 people that can sign certain documents and I need to know how many are in each working day. The planner is set up so that if the employee is away fro any reason the cell for that day will contain a letter and be highlighted in a colour, if the employee is in work, the box stays blank.

I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas on a formula to show the information needed above?

Many Thanks

Graham

2 responses

rizvisa1 Posts 4478 Registration date Thursday January 28, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 5, 2022 766
Dec 27, 2015 at 08:04 AM
How is your sheet laid out. A sample of how things are and how ideally you would like to see would help
kcufit Posts 2 Registration date Thursday December 24, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 27, 2015
Dec 27, 2015 at 09:07 AM
Hi,

Thanks for replying rizvisa. Im trying to put a screen shot of the spread sheet onto this reply, but doesn't seem to be working.

Basically I have the names of personnel in cells A8-22. The leave plot then goes from cells B8-AF8 (up to AF22 for last person). When the person is on leave or course etc, the box shows a letter corresponding to the type of event and the cell changes colour.

Further down the sheet I have 3 cells, 3rd signature, 2nd signature and 1st signature (Cells A30-32). Certain personnel from the Cells A8-22 hold either 1st, 2nd or 3rd signatures. What I'm trying to do is create a formula that shows the total number of people in work, on any day, that hold certain signatures.

E.g Cell A8, A11 and A15 hold 3rd signature. So on the first of the month (Cell B8, B11 and B15 would show their status, either blank for in work or show a letter corresponding to the type of activity if they are not in work.

In Cell B30 I would like to create a formula that automatically calculates the number of people from cell A8, A11 and A15 that are in work.

I know this may be a bit longwinded but trying to give you as much info as I can without being able to show you the spread sheet.

Any ideas would be much appreciated

Regards

Graham