Pc screen goes black no sound but all lights and fans remain on

Closed
tony - Jan 12, 2016 at 08:51 PM
nowin122 Posts 23 Registration date Friday October 16, 2015 Status Contributor Last seen March 3, 2016 - Jan 19, 2016 at 10:21 PM
Hello,
2x8gb corsair vengance ram (2133) ddr3
MSI 970 Gaming motherboard
MSI r9 290x Lightning (trifrozr)
AMD FX 8350 Octacore cpu with a cooler master v8 cooler (8 pipe 2 fans)
cool power 875w power supply

what is going on is the computer works just fine most of the time but randomly will go blank on screen No Signal on my tv shows up if audio is playing that all stops as well but all the fans and lights stay on this has happened mostly while gaming but has done it in other cases just no where near as common i have no overclock settings on just rebuilt the computer in a new tower to support the gpu space requirements nothing feels like its too hot

i would like to know is it sound more like a gpu overheating problem or psu or the motherboard i know cpus dont commonly go bad

any help would be great i dont want to waste money replacing parts that are fine as i dont have money to burn like that

i been researching this issue for some time now and have not found a solution yet the best i can guess i psu but i feel like there could be a gpu or cpu issue or motherboard i would like to know what is more likely to cause this sort of problem

Related:

2 responses

nowin122 Posts 23 Registration date Friday October 16, 2015 Status Contributor Last seen March 3, 2016 5
Jan 15, 2016 at 07:56 PM
I had this same issue with a bio star 970 i went thought 3 RMA's and nothing and i changed out every component and come to find out it was the mother board i bought a
30.00 dollar board to test and my pc worked perfectly fine. hopfully this helps
thats what i was afraid of that or my gpu that i would really hope not the gpu was 400$ i would likely lose it it looks like im going for the asus formula v then im done with msi i spent 1400$ on the whole rig and had no problems for a few months then bam this started so no more msi for me

Thank you for the help i will get the asus and let you know how it goes from there have a good day/night
nowin122 Posts 23 Registration date Friday October 16, 2015 Status Contributor Last seen March 3, 2016 5
Jan 19, 2016 at 10:21 PM
no problem funny thing is after I replied to this message my mother board died a day later lol sucks i am looking at getting the new gigabyte 970 with led lighting asus just came out with 2 new boards for the am3+ socket as well.