Downgrade to XP on HPDV 9646M

Closed
tsam19 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday April 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 14, 2009 - Apr 13, 2009 at 11:15 AM
tsam19 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday April 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 14, 2009 - Apr 14, 2009 at 12:24 PM
Hello,
Has anyone ,managed to successfully downgrade from Vista to XP on this machine (hpdv 9646em) ?
If so can you supply a posotive web link where to find the right definite drivers,so all devices in the device driver section are activated & don't have any exclamation marks present.
With instructions on what driver gets installed first etc.
I know there is a thread on HP's website & its not very instructive,it seems a bit hit & miss.
If you get it right ,you get it right !
I've tried using some of the Vista drivers,but again no good.

There is also a small section,again on HP's website for XP drivers,unfortunately not enough !
Its a case of 'you will find them' as they are scattered around the HP website !

I've used that info once + it left the hardware driver section with a lot of exclamation marks
and no sound .
I tried installing via the microsoft update page but nothing !
I'm sure theres someone out there who has done this & can remember what drivers they used ?
Thanks.
Related:

1 response

tsam19 Posts 2 Registration date Sunday April 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen April 14, 2009
Apr 14, 2009 at 12:24 PM
Anyone interested I found this

http://www.fastfs.com/help_pages/hp%20downgrade.htm

Hopefully it will work