It is common that Windows shows error messages but how do you remove them ? If you are getting the Active Desktop Recovery error message at Windows startup, follow the procedure in the article below.
What is Active Desktop Recovery?
Active Desktop is a Windows XP feature that allows you to apply multimedia content, as well as web pages to your desktop wallpaper. If you get an error message, it may mean that the content is not available.
How to fix Active Desktop Recovery?
To remove ”Active Desktop Recovery” error message by following these steps:
- Click on Start> Run and then type regedit.
- Expand the following key: HKEY CURRENT USER by selecting Software, then Microsoft. Now choose Internet Explorer, newt Desktop. Finally, select SafeMODE and then components.
- Set the value of DeskHtmlVersion to 0.
- Save your settings and close the registry.
- Toshiba laptop
- How to Fix Active Desktop Recovery Error Message
- XP System Restore Recovery CD [solved] > Forum - Windows XP
- Windows XP forgot password: administrator, locked out > Guide
- How to download bootable disk to cd [solved] > Forum - Hard Drive/SSD
- Cant get my xp to re activate after repair [solved] > Forum - Windows XP
- Use Net Send: in Windows 10, in CMD
- Windows XP SATA drivers: download, ISO, floppy disk
- Please insert a disk into drive error: in pendrive
- Delete administrator account: Windows XP
- Creating Windows restore points
- Windows XP System32 config system corrupt
- Disable and enable firewall from command line: Windows XP