Help me to unstall Inbox.com ?

Solved/Closed
Linda - Apr 14, 2009 at 07:17 AM
 confuwzed - Jan 16, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Hello, I need help I can't get firefox back on my Homepage! Am new on computer and I made big mistake and inbox.com got install and now I can't get the darn website to unstall! I have wrote inbox.com several times to take that website off and install my firefox back on as my homepape! I feel am running around in circles and don't know what eles to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If someone out there that can help me and explain how to end my problem I would be real grateful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please get back to me! Thank you, Ms.Melville

5 responses

julioz Posts 21 Registration date Sunday December 28, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 10, 2009 1
May 10, 2009 at 03:43 AM
To set your homepage back is very simple all you have to do is to choose Tools in your Firefox browser, then Options, select the Main tab and click "Restore to default" in the home page field. And this is it
Thanks for your advice to uninstall inbox,com. It was very simple,to the point, and works!
[I've been trying to UNinstall it for quite a while after it "TOOK OVER CONTROL". What a pain. I did try many of the various suggestions of others, but only got more involved with addons...YOUR ADVICE WORKED SIMPLY, SAFELY AND QUICKLY. THANK YOU KINDLY!
miriksha2013 Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday January 1, 2013 Status Member Last seen January 1, 2013
Jan 1, 2013 at 10:56 AM
julioz, where is tools and how can you do it on google chrome!!???
Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar. ( the 3 lines in a box displayed in the top right hand corner of the toolbar)

Select Settings and find the "Search" section. (3rd option down the list that apprears)

Click on the grey box that says ;Manage Search Engines'

Select the search engine you want to use from the menu that appears.

select the search engine that you'd like to use from the list.

Click the Make default button that appears to re-set the search engine back to how you want it.

{google:baseURL}search?q=%s&{google:RLZ}{google:acceptedSuggestion}{google:originalQueryForSuggestion}{google:assistedQueryStats}{google:searchFieldtrialParameter}sourceid=chrome&ie={inputEncoding}

Hope this helps
Type about:config into url toolbar. Click OK to warning. Search for inbox. right click on lines withinbox.com and return them to default.
Chicago hopelessly infected by inbox.com crap
Oct 12, 2012 at 02:28 PM
EXCELLENT work
hi,

although inbox.com offers great webmail, I know myself that their programs / applications are a pain... you can find instructions on how to uninstall the program here:

http://toolbar.inbox.com/faq.aspx?faqid=2876&faqmod=WST_Install&lng=EN

after that, follow these instructions to set your homepage back to what it was before:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-to-set-the-home-page?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=How+to+set+the+home+page

hope this helped!
thecomputergeek
Jun 11, 2010 at 09:54 PM
The OP is referring to the FREE Inbox.com (5GB). About 6 months ago, those who opt to sign up for inbox.com and take a FREE 5GB inbox must install a toolbar within their browser in order to activate the email account. This was never required before and as mentioned was implemented roughly 6 months ago. If you just accept all default settings, it changes your default home page and a few other settings.

I would recommend installing the toolbar for email account creation and once the account is created and you have successfully logged into it, from you computer, go to Start | Control Panel | Add Remove Programs and choose the inbox.com toolbar program listed in the add/remove programs Window. When going through the uninstall, you can select to restore your web configuration to it's original state.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
if you dont like inbox page find a other page next to home click right side of it than it says add or change home page you click on it.it says use this webpage as your only home page and all your things done ,thank you from jake jordon hubbard .
when its says click right side it should said click on the right side