Hd portable harddisk its installed bt pc says i dont have permis

Closed
munna - Feb 29, 2016 at 02:35 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Mar 10, 2016 at 08:37 AM
Hello,
When i plug my WD passport portable hard drive into my computer, the hd will start up (the little LED will eliminate) and windows will make the "usb connection" sound and down the bottom right of the screen i have the option to safely remove my passport 0740. So windows picks up my hd but it just wont show up in my computer, it works on my other computer just not this one. i have tried changing the drive letters and that doesnt seem to help. Any ideas? using windows 7 ultimate
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Mar 10, 2016 at 08:37 AM
Hello munna,

Have you updated the drivers for the USB host controller recently? If you haven't, I would suggest you to go to Device manager and delete manually the existing driver. Then restart the PC. Windows should automatically install the most recent driver for this device. You could also try these steps:
1. Open command prompt
2. Type the following:
attrib -s -h -r X: /*.* / s / d Then hit "Enter" and wait about 30 seconds
Be careful! Respect the spaces between words and script. Change the letter X with that has been assigned to the My Passport device on your PC (that you can see it in My Computer. It can be anything, depends on each computer.)
3. Finally, browse the WD drive and delete the "RECYCLER" folder and if there is another one called "Autorun" you have to delete that too.

Hope that i helped.