Help: Software can't access internal files

Closed
jishanand - Apr 18, 2009 at 01:39 AM
 jishanand - Apr 18, 2009 at 07:45 AM
Hello,

I have installed the Exam Lab software from https://examlab.org . While installing, it said my system doesnt have Microsoft JET installed and asked permission to install the same. Once I agreed it installed the software and again gave a prompt that many of the files in the system are old and again asked permission to replace them. Then the system was restarted inorder to successfully use the software. But when I open Exam Lab it gives an error message as "Error occured while accessing internal system files".

OS is Windows XP and the software works only in XP. I did check my privileges to access the system registry. I do have admin privileges; I checked by deleting an unwanted registry. I am afraid both of the probable issues which you have mentioned below are not there in my case. I have admin privileges and access to System registry as well as Windows folder. Still the error message occurs:(

What could be wrong? What can be done?

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

1 response

nettout Posts 10 Registration date Thursday October 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 12, 2009 1
Apr 18, 2009 at 07:05 AM
hi,
try to download the sotware again and then install it.
it may be that some errors happened duing the download.
Hi..

Thanks a lot for your reply. But I have already tried installing the software again; but in vain. The same error persists. I sent a mail to the Customer Service of the DevSoft asking for help; but they too have replied that it is due to privileges issues and that I need admin privileges. I am quite sure I have admin privileges :(

Anyways I will try installing it for a third time :)