Passport Ultra won't unlock

Closed
TheIntellectual - Apr 8, 2016 at 10:02 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Apr 11, 2016 at 03:22 AM
Hello,

For some reason My Passport Ultra these past few days won't let me access my files despite unlocking it with my password, care to explain why? Will any damage happen to it if I keep trying to use? I still have info on it when I want to download a game, but I still can't access it. I really need an answer right away.

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Apr 11, 2016 at 03:22 AM
Hi TheIntellectual,

I am sorry for any inconveniency caused by your My Passport drive. Could you check in Disk Management if the drive appears with correct file format and drive letter? As far as I understood all the files are visible but not accessible. Is that correct? I suggest you to change the drive’s letter from Disk Management and try again.
I also recommend you to check the drive on another PC and with another USB cable. It can really be helpful if you try it on another OS too. Try a Linux Live version because it shows good results and no installation is needed. Let me know if there is any progress!

Hope this helps