Macro move next column to next row?

Closed
corescript Posts 3 Registration date Friday April 29, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 2, 2016 - Apr 29, 2016 at 05:27 AM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - May 3, 2016 at 07:44 AM
Dear All,
introducing my name is John and im new here.
Ive data like below

A B C D
1 John Willy Diana Chan Yu
2 male male Female Male
3 married single Single Single
4 Ohio Texas Las Vegas New York
5 yes NA Yes No

and i want to move next column to next row such as below

A B C D
1 John
2 male
3 married
4 Ohio
5 yes
6 Willy
7 male
8 single
9 Texas
10 NA
11 Diana
12 Female
13 Singe
14 Las Vegas
15 Yes
16 Chan Yu
17 Male
18 Single
19 New York
20 No

thank you very much for ur help
Related:

5 responses

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Apr 29, 2016 at 11:18 PM
Hello Corescript,

I have below, a couple of slightly different codes that could do the task for you:-

Sub DoStuff()

Dim Rng As Range

On Error Resume Next
Set Rng = Application.InputBox(Prompt:="Select range to be moved.", Title:="Select Ranges", Type:=8)

If Not Rng Is Nothing Then
   Rng.Copy Sheet1.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(3)(2)
   'Rng.Delete
   End If

End Sub

or

Sub DoStuff2()

Selection.Copy Sheet1.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(3)(2)
'Selection.Delete

End Sub

The first code above uses an Input Box in which you place the range that you wish to transpose and then click on OK in the Input Box to execute the code.

With the second code above, you simply select (high-light) the range that you wish to transpose and click on a button to execute the code.

Following is the link to my test work book which demonstrates both options for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eb5dop4wq0aaxlm/Corescript%28Transpose%20using%20range%20Input%20Box%20or%20selection%29.xlsm?dl=0

For the first code above, click on the "Do Stuff" button first to make the Input Box appear then select the range to be transposed and then click OK (only one range at a time). For the second code above, first select (high-light) the range to be transposed and then click on the "Do Stuff 2" button to execute the code.

In both the codes, you will see a Delete line of code in green font. If you wish to delete the ranges once transposed, then just remove the apostrophe from the front of the line of code.

I hope that this helps.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.
corescript Posts 3 Registration date Friday April 29, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 2, 2016
May 1, 2016 at 09:16 PM
vcoolio,

its works thank you for your help but can i run automatically without click button

best regards
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
May 2, 2016 at 07:10 AM
Hello Corescript,

It can be but, tell me, will the range always be five rows?

Salamat,
vcoolio.
corescript Posts 3 Registration date Friday April 29, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 2, 2016
May 2, 2016 at 09:12 PM
yes it always five rows

Thank you vcoolio :)

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
May 3, 2016 at 07:44 AM
Hello Corescript,

A Double Click event should do it for you with the following code:-

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)

Dim x As Integer
    Dim r As Range
    Dim rng As Range
    Dim lr As Long

lr = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
Set r = Range("A2:A" & lr)
x = 1

For Each rng In r
    If ActiveCell.Column = x Then
    r.Offset(, x - 1).Copy Sheet1.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(3)(2)
    End If
    x = x + 1
Next
End Sub

The code needs to go into the worksheet module so right click on your source sheet tab and from the menu that appears, select "view code". In the big white field that appears, paste the above code.
Back in your work sheet, to see the code work, double click on any column cell with data in it (starting from the left or Column B: double click on Willy) and the data will be transposed as per your request.

Try it in the test work book first.

I hope that this solves your query.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.