What network allows 1 or more host computers?

Closed
lana01 - Apr 22, 2009 at 10:26 AM
hotpurs Posts 14 Registration date Saturday October 11, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2009 - Apr 23, 2009 at 05:55 AM
Hi all

I'm a first year student studying IS. I can't seem to find reliable information for this question: What network has one or more host computers? I know its either LAN, peer to peer, client/server or WAN, but I can't be sure. I've agonised over this for hours and I still can't figure it out. This is my thought process:

What is the true definition of "host computer"? Does "host computer" = server, or are they only similar?

I know "peer to peer" and "client/server" are the two different types of LAN, and that WAN is a large collection of LANs.

If host computers are servers, then that includes all of them right? So then that would be LAN or WAN?

If host computers are similar but actually not servers, then the answer is peer to peer?

Thanks for reading this. Any help would be deeply appreciated ^-^

Cheers!!
Related:

1 response

hotpurs Posts 14 Registration date Saturday October 11, 2008 Status Member Last seen May 14, 2009 2
Apr 23, 2009 at 05:55 AM
A host and client server is completely different from peer to peer.

So if you mean that host computers are connected altogether then its called peer to peer..sharing data altogether