WiFi Is Not An Option

Closed
ClassicFuel Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday June 14, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 14, 2016 - Jun 14, 2016 at 05:30 PM
 Blocked Profile - Jun 15, 2016 at 04:33 PM
I had a nasty virus that next to ruined my computer, so I finally resorted to a system restore. Once I restarted my system everything seemed to be running fine, however I cannot connect to the I internet, because there is no option to use Wi-Fi. My computer gives me the option of broadband, however no Wireless connection options. I was able to use Wi-Fi before the virus. In the Network and Sharing Center there isn't a sign that the computer even thinks it has Wi-Fi. If any of you can help that would be much appreciated.

Computer Specs:
Intel Pentium B970 2.30GHz
4 GB RAM
64 bit OS (Windows 7 Home Premium)
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Jun 14, 2016 at 05:34 PM
Is the device on? Connect via an ethernet cord, and have 7 fix it! it is very resilient, and will heal if it has access to the windows Library via the internet! Connect with a cord, and start the trouble shooting process. Let us know if you get stuck.

Now, I do understand that you have no access. You may not have wifi access, but will still gain wired access.

ClassicFuel Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday June 14, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 14, 2016
Jun 14, 2016 at 07:42 PM
So I have used the troubleshooting program and it identified my network driver as missing, however it cannot find the driver? I have looked around but can't seem to find it.
Blocked Profile
Jun 15, 2016 at 04:33 PM
OK, so what kind of WIFI card is it? Go to that manufacturers website and look for a tab called support. Click on drivers for the type of card you have!