Deleted Registry Files Pertaining to Port For Card Reader

Closed
Ogre - Jul 27, 2016 at 03:56 AM
Helper.NeedHelp Posts 253 Registration date Saturday July 23, 2016 Status Member Last seen August 22, 2022 - Aug 1, 2016 at 04:55 AM
Hello,

In my unwise wisdom, being stubborn and having wasted a lot of time, I read some instructions pertaining to deleting some files from my registry which would make my sim card (I'm not a computer wizard, so please bear with me) which I took out of my camera and it has a lot of photo's that I had no problem seeing / deleting / copying them to my laptop. What I was having problems with was with another USB port which was not working at all, but 2 otthers did.

So I deleted the files that I 'believed' it needed, reboot my system and well, the USB port did not work and I lot my sim car reader. It was working just before I did all this.

I thought I did a backup, but after checking for 2 hours, found that where I had put it, there was not enough memory for it to be there, so it did not copy it.

I followed all the instructions on having my computer check for my drive, but it does not see it. It was working perfectly and yes, my card works fine, as I continue to put more photo's on it and I am able to view them on my camera.

I guess what I am asking is that I know there are registry entries that one must have in one's computer. I went and upgraded to Windows 10 from I believe 7 pro, and now I've had nothing but problems. And no, there again, for some reason where I had done my 'backup', to restore back, it was GONE so I could not do that.

I'm stuck. I have a dell ACPI X64 BASED PC with 3 USB Ports on one side with CD-ROM (which works) and on other side I have my card reader and some other types of inputs.

Can you help and tell me what my registry lines are suppose to say and where I should place them?

thanks

Related:

1 response

Helper.NeedHelp Posts 253 Registration date Saturday July 23, 2016 Status Member Last seen August 22, 2022 5
Aug 1, 2016 at 04:55 AM
Use system restore, it will restore all system changes.(including registry entries)