Sony Vaio VGC-RB30 > Movie DVD read issues

Closed
Marcus - Apr 29, 2009 at 08:42 PM
meeckeymouse Posts 14 Registration date Monday December 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2009 - Apr 30, 2009 at 04:53 AM
Hello,
Can someone help please. I have a Sony Vaio VGC-RB30 Multimedia Desktop which will be 4 years old in about a month. I just started to burn DVD's and am having a frustrating issue. ** Most of the time when I put a Movie DVD in the DVD-RW drive, nothing happens. My media players say drive empty ( No errors ) and the drive makes a unsual buzzing sound every 5 seconds as it tries to read the disc. Then I'll put a different movie DVD in the drive and it will read and burn with no issue. 8O( The funny thing is, is that I've inserted a DVD that was read and then later put it in again and it wouldn't read again. I've already updated the drives to original specs from Sony. I've reformatted the hard drive. I've purchased Sonic Cinaplayer dowload which has a codec. Man o man I am frustrated. Could this be as simple as my drive just cannot ready some DVD formats? Is there something I can download to the drive to allow it to read most DVD formats? Or is the drive just bad? Can someone try to provide some insite to this issue? Thank you very much.

Configuration: Windows XP
Internet Explorer 8.0
Related:

1 response

meeckeymouse Posts 14 Registration date Monday December 29, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 18, 2009 9
Apr 30, 2009 at 04:53 AM
This question was already answered.
Refer to this link:
http://ccm.net/forum/affich 91350 sony vaio desktop dvd rw dvd read issue