Network centre of my ZG5

Closed
Jesmint - Apr 30, 2009 at 03:54 AM
mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 - Apr 30, 2009 at 07:39 AM
Hello,
Netork Centre - connect to the internet via LAN wirless or 3G the software has been delected. I would only want the LAN wirless or 3G the software do you know where can i found it or do you have the software. And when to install at the program file or etc...

The wireless : 802.11 b/g LAN: 10/100 base T

And i also never saw the icon wireless management icon below the bar?
Do you know wat happen to my latop.
Related:

2 responses

acedavid70 Posts 6 Registration date Monday February 16, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 5, 2009
Apr 30, 2009 at 06:05 AM
hi,
try this link to download the network driver:
https://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/
select your computer first.
mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 41
Apr 30, 2009 at 07:39 AM
hi,
first of all if u want wireless net access thru ur lan then u first must have a wireless access point and a wireless usb adaptor

wireless access point is ahardware device that u connet to ur lan after u switch it on it transfer ur lan to a wireless network, inshort it becomes a WIRELESS ACESS POINT

wireless usb adaptor is a hardware that helps ur laptop to detect and connect the wireless lan

both these harware devices are available in the market, the price and the range (wireless distance) varies as per the product

inaddition to these, there also is adevice which is called wireless booster or extended, like its name suggests.. the sole purpose of this device is to extend the given range of the wireless acess point. all u have to do is to plug it to a 220V socket, once switched on it turns electrical wire into wireless acess points so u have the singal stronger i the various rooms of ur workplace

like most, the above first two mentioned items come with an intalltion cd, install the software for the wireless usb adaptor on ur socket,

once this is done,

all u have to do is enter the ip settings for this u will have to

click start menu>control panel>network connections
now plug in the usb adaptor
an icon will be created with usb manufaturer name and model catorgised as wirelss connection
right click on that icon
click propeties
scroll and select Internet protocol (TCP/IP)
enter the values for the
ip adress
subnet mask
default gateway
alternate DNS
primary dns

click the advance tab and in the IP settings click add
and eneter the external ip adress

then in the wins tab
enter the value
(ps. apart from both the ip addresses in which the last digit changes, all the values will be the same for all the computer that are connected to the internet via lan, note down these setting from any of these pc and enter the same in ur laptop)

also note in most lan networks connection to the ip is controlled via ip adresses

click pply then ok

awaiting
comments

Melisio Mascarenhas
mikethedike
India